Flare is still raging on, but it's entered the flaking stage so I know it'll be over in a couple of days. I've been really thinking about how TSW is such a rollercoaster of emotions. One day, I feel great and happy because my skin is somewhat normal, being able to sleep and go to dance and school without worrying about my red skin. Then, a flare hits and I'm stuck at home, hunched over in a chair itching and rubbing, wondering why this ever happened to me and what I did to deserve it. On days like these I just feel so alone, unproductive, and helpless.
Another thing that has been eating me is the worry. When will my next flare be? What if I have a big social event that day? Will I be in school? Will I have to miss a big dance rehearsal? What if I have to quit another recital, one of my last ones as a senior? It consumes me every day and is impossible to ignore.
This flare is a huge slap in the face for me, telling me that at 8.5 months I still have a long way to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment