Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Awful day

Sorry that my blog is taking such a downturn from my happy update a few days ago, but today was horrible. I had dance camp from 9 AM to 5 PM (8 hours, now all of you tsw people could tell me that 8 hours ANYWHERE away from home is excruciating while flaring) and the uniform was a tank and shorts. Luckily my legs are completely unaffected, but my entire upper chest, shoulders, and arms are one fiery, burning rash. You could expect how excited I was to wear that tank top. Anyway, I lathered on some BB cream all over my shoulders and arms hoping to cover up, but  the situation was quite miserable. The room that camp was held in was stifling hot, and although the AC was on I did not feel it. During the 4 hours of hard exercise, my arms were sweating heavily, making my rashes sting horribly. On top of that, I broke out into hives, with white raised bumps appearing all over my arms. It felt like someone had poured acid all over them, if I were to describe it. Now, everyone else on the team was uncomfortable and preoccupied with heat and sweating so no one said anything about my arms. Also, I tried to hide it with strategic hand placement and by turning my arms so that only the unaffected areas were visible.

Now, a couple hours later, my arms are still badly inflamed...I might say that this is the worst they've ever looked since I started withdrawal. I've been icing them, but I've ran out of cold ice packs and am waiting for them to refreeze. And camp goes on for another two days....but I can't just call in sick because I paid $300 dollars for this...-__- I'm praying that this hive-like state will go away soon or else I don't know what I'll do...I hope you're all faring better than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment