Thursday, August 22, 2013

Nearing 8 Months...

Wow I can't believe I'm almost at 8 months!! I seriously never thought I'd get here, but the months seem to pass quicker in the later stages of withdrawal. On good days, I'd say I'm about 60-70% healed. I'll list out the good and the not so good:

Good:
- My facial redness is WAY better. The redness has mainly localized to around my eyes and mouth.
- Neck/shoulder/chest/arm redness is better too, but it's still pink. Looks like a sunburn
- I believe all spreading has stopped!
- Getting more sleep! It's kind of a habit now to lie in bed surfing my phone in the wee hours of the morning, but I can at least fall asleep now.
- Very minimal ooze
- Eyebrows are growing back
- I've noticed a bit of sweating? I mean, it's not dripping off me, but sometimes I feel a bit moist, similar to when you're in a humid climate.

Not so good:
- I'm still horribly itchy at random times throughout the day. This is mainly around my neck/chest/arms/shoulders. I get SUPER itchy around the lymph nodes in my neck, which are swollen up constantly.
-Still super dry and flaky. It's especially bad in the morning when I haven't applied moisturizer in hours. I roll out of bed and feel so stiff and hunch over to the bathroom to put on some lotion.
- Big flares still occur around twice a month, not as frequent as before but still horrible. Lately my flares consist of raised, bumpy red patches around my eyes and mouth that resemble an allergic reaction. Also, my eyelids swell and the area behind my ears ooze. It's especially bad around my time of the month.
- Starting to get hives after exercise, which hasn't happened before. Any sweat or heat just throws me into an itching frenzy!

Things are improving, but so so slowly. I'm starting my senior year at school in a couple of weeks (nooo) and I think I'm ok enough to handle it. Hoping to see more improvements soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment