So far, things are going pretty well! My face has gotten WAY better. I think I might be mini-flaring today because my face is a bit pinker than usual, but it is NOTHING compared to a month ago. They really are correct when they say flares get less and less intense! My skin is still super dry and flaky, but my Aveeno usually does the trick. The itch is still crazy at night, and my sleeping schedule is still messed up, but I am just so relieved that my face is getting better. Time to show people that I can actually look normal after 6 months of red skin, swollen face, and crazy triple eyelids. Ugh.
I have noticed that I get the most itchy around certain nerves and veins, such as my inner arms, back of the knees, neck, armpit area. If I'm correct, this is where some major arteries and veins lie. Perhaps it has something to do with cortisol levels? Or maybe the histamine flowing through my blood? I would really love to study this in college in hopes of someday finding more clear answers to our predicament, but I'm daunted by the amount of studying I'd have to do to enter the medical field. Plus, independent research is hard to do. I'm planning to major in some sort of science, so hopefully I can figure out my path from there. I think that enough people have suffered this hard that something HAS to be done. No one on earth should have to go through this....it's really comparable to a devised torture method. The only thing that kept me sane was knowing that it would be over in 1-2 years. If healing time would be, say, 5 years, I honestly don't know if I would be able to do it.
I hope you all see progress soon! It is truly the best feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment